click any image to shop the item directly!
If you are a regular reader of The Styled Fox, you may have seen my handsome boyfriend making more of an appearance lately. Yes, that means I’ve finally convinced him to step in front of the lens, which typically requires a lot of bribing! So today, I thought I’d share a little bit more about our relationship with ten things about us, in partnership with Robbins Brothers. I’m picking up where I left off in this post here…
1. Nine times out of ten our arguments are about what’s for dinner. Chris is pretty adventurous when it comes to food, and I eat like a stubborn five-year old, so coming to a mutual decision is a lot harder than you’d think! We’ve been known to drive around Houston for 30 minutes until one of us caves in on the other’s choice.
2. We both are HUGE football fans. While we support other teams (his is the New Orleans Saints, mine is Baltimore Ravens), you can find us vegged out on the couch every Sunday from August until the end of January. DirectTV NFL Sunday Ticket is a life saver for our relationship.
3. After four years together, our first international vacation together was this past January to the Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort for my cousins wedding. Needless to say, we were spoiled by the all-inclusive resort and plan on a lot more international travels in the upcoming years.
4. As a life long soccer player and fan of the sport, Chris named our first pet after one of the greatest soccer players in the world, David Beckham. Becks is a 5-year-old Golden Retriever mix that was rescued from Charlotte, North Carolina. Like David Beckham, he’s a double threat, both good-looking and athletic… though we are a little bias. See a picture of him here.
5. Last January we welcomed a new furry friend to our family, and this time I was given naming duties. I spent most of my childhood at Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore, so naming our full bread Golden Retriever Ripken was an obvious choice. Cal Ripken Jr is one of the best shortstop’s in MLB history, and Ripken is my little piece of “home” all the way in Texas. See a picture of her here.
6. I’ve learned a lot of “lawyer lingo” over the years. Chris used to practice his jury selection, open/ closing arguments on me during law school, so I’ll randomly throw an “I OBJECT” into an argument now and then. However, his profession makes it difficult to watch things like Makinging a Murderer or Suits without a “this would never happen” commentary.
7. Due to our complete opposite schedules, our time together during the week is very rare. We often spend our weekends trying new restaurants in Houston, binge watching tv on our Amazon Fire, and snuggling with the pups! If you’re ever in need of binge worthy tv recommendations, let us know!
8. Chris does NOT enjoy being an “Instagram Boyfriend,” and could list about 1,000 things he’d rather do. He was responsible for taking ALL my photos when I first launched the blog a few years ago, and that lasted maybe 6 months. For the sake of our relationship, I opt for a professional photographer these days… LOL
9. Our families will meet for the first time this holiday season! After years of being together, we will all be gathering under one roof this Thanksgiving.
10. We just bought a house! Yes, you read that right! Over the last year we’ve looked at countless properties in Houston and the surrounding area, and have finally found a place to call home. We are beyond excited for this next chapter in our lives, and will be closing on our first home at the end of September!
PHOTO CREDIT: EGIDIO NARVAEZ
This post is sponsored by Robbins Brothers – all opinions are my own.
Thank you for supporting the brands that allow The Styled Fox to operate full time!