Combining this babydoll top (only $38, such a steal!) with the coziest boyfriend plaid (only $44 and on sale for 40% off!), for a casual spring outfit of the day! A cold front moved through Houston yesterday, bringing us much cooler temps than normal, but I’m absolutely loving the low 70’s! After a long day at the studio, I opted to pair these two pieces together while I ran errands and completed my lengthy Monday to-do list! The plaid does run big, so I picked up an XS if you decide to purchase. I love the blue and pick combo for only $26!
Trying something a little different with today’s post and sharing 10 things I bet you didn’t know about me! I love finding new friends in this little corner of the web, so let’s connect. Also, be sure to enter the $500 Giveaway in yesterday’s post! Have a great day loves!
1. My starbucks order consists of a Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher! I don’t drink coffee. After several attempts, I just can’t handle the taste. Believe me, I wish I had the caffeine intake!
2. I don’t like cheese, so I didn’t start eating pizza until I moved to Houston two years ago. I’ve always loved Kraft Maccaroni & Cheese, and eventually began liking mozarella sticks. So I guess you can say I like the ‘fake’ or extremely unhealthy/ greasy kind or cheese, ha! To this day there are only a few “types” of pizza I’ll eat.
3. I’m one of four siblings. I have an older brother, Patrick, that lives in New York, we are 18 months apart. I’m the closest to my younger sister Leslie, while we hated each other growing up. My youngest sibling, Lucas is 21 – that makes me feel so old!
4. My post grad job was working for Abercrombie & Fitch! I spent 6 years there, working my way up from a Manager in Training to District Manager. That position taught me a lot about myself and ability to manage people at a high level, which paved my way into positions with Target and HoneyBaked Ham.
5. I am a brand snob when it comes to food. I still have the eating habits of a 5 year old, naturally. Just to name a few: UTZ (for potato chips), Coke (for soda), Del Monte (canned veggies, I don’t eat frozen or raw!), JIF for PB and Welch’s Grape Jelly for the J!
6. Dunkin Donuts/ Baskin Robins was my first job at 15. I left that job after one summer because I felt like I was “over worked and under paid,” which I was right! I still prefer Dunkin’ over Krispy Kreme and Shipley’s.
7. When it comes to big purchases, I always have to think about the investment. Whether its a car, designer handbag or furniture, the process goes like this: see it, like it, leave and think about it. If I go a week and still want it, then I consider buying it. If I haven’t thought about it, I don’t need/ truly want it. Although I’ve worked really hard and financially supported myself over the last 15 years, I still feel guilty buying something that isn’t an essential.
8. I’ve never traveled outside of the country! This must change, pronto. As a family, our summer trips were always to Ocean City, Maryland. As we got older, things became more expensive and budgets got tighter, so those trips were few and far between. A goal of mine is to incorporate more travel into my blog, thus allowing me to experience life outside of the US and other cultures.
9. My boyfriend Chris and I have been together for a little over 3 years. Our relationship has been the most challenging and rewarding, at the same time. We both struggle with insecurities, not knowing what the future holds, how to communicate with one another, etc. We’re human, but we love each other!
10. I was a ballerina for 15 years. I started dancing at age 2 or 3, and did so until high school. We’re talking ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, modern, hip hop, pointe, etc. Some of my greatest memories were traveling up and down the east coast with my mom and sister for competitions!
With Mother’s Day around the corner, I’m excited to be partnering with REEDS Jewelers to show you how easy it is to shop for that special lady in your life. Whether its you are a grandmother, mother or mom-to-be, this weekend is all about you! It’s been years since I’ve been able to spend the holiday with my very own mother, but I always love curating the perfect gift for her to make her feel special and loved. When I was in high school and took yearly trips to the beach, I always came home with a bracelet or charm for my mom, something that reminded me of her and signified our relationship. I love how perfect the Alex & Ani bracelets are to continue that trend! Share a photo of you and your mom on Instagram to enter to win a $250 gift card to shop their selection. Be sure to tag #REEDSloveMom and see the contest here.
SHOP THE POST:
| Plaid top [on sale, 25% OFF!] | Babydoll Top [only $38!] | White Skinny Jeans [only $55!] | Set of Bracelets | Wedges [under $100!] | Celine Sunglasses | Watch [on sale, 25% OFF!] | Chloe Small Marcie [available in 4 colors!] |