Let’s be honest, the morning isn’t anyone’s favorite time of day, especially on a Monday. Whether you had a hectic weekend or decided to stay up too late Sunday night watching your DVR shows, it’s important to find a healthy balance early on. Remember, stress and havoc take a toll on your body and immunity system. So I’m sharing some ways I try to kickstart my week, which have increased my chances of a healthy and productive Monday!
1. Go to sleep with the blinds or curtains halfway open. 5/7 days a week I wake up before the sun rises, so this is what I used to do when I had a normal schedule. I found that the moment the sun started rising and began peeking through the windows, my body slowly began waking up, thus I began to rely less on my alarm clock.
2. Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier. Let’s be honest, we are all guilty of hitting snooze a time or two. So rather than rush out of bed and starting your day trying to beat the clock, set your alarm early to account of that extra snooze. It’s important to mentally and physically prepare for the day, so you’ll want to eliminate as much stress and chaos as possible that’s inevitable when you over sleep.
3. Spend 5-10 minutes listening to music. Whether its background music while you’re getting ready or in the car on your way into work, nothing puts me in a good mood like a great tune. Sing a long or do a little dance, just get the creative juices flowing for the day. I promise you’ll thank me later!
4. Check your calendar before you go to bed. Set yourself up for success by knowing what your schedule and to-do list looks like for the following day. While we can’t plan out every second of the day, nor can we anticipate the obstacles we might face, we can prioritize what’s most important. When it comes to a city like Houston, I try to plan out my errands on my way to and from work. That way I’m not sitting in traffic longer than I have to, or wasting gas! You’ll also find me opting for lunch on the go and knocking out those 10-15 tasks during my break so that I can get home at a decent time!
5. Kiss your loved ones goodbye! Simple but true. Time is precious and you never know what the day will hold. So in my experience its always important to kiss everyone, including your pets, goodbye before you leave for the day! That moment of connecting before you embrace the day can set a positive and happy tone for hours.
How do you kickstart your Monday? Leave me some of your tips and tricks in the comments below! Have a great start to your week, thanks for stopping by!
SHOP THE POST:
| Halter Midi Dress [romper version and blouse version, all under $100!] | Floppy Hat [only $38!] | Bracelets | Chloe Marcie Crossbody [also available in black!] | Wedge Sandals [under $80!] | Lipstick: Girl About Town |