By now you should know there are two things I’m passionate about. One, staying fit through an active lifestyle. Two, finding athletic apparel that are both fashionable and functional. For this busy gal on the go, I look for items that will withstand my various workouts and allow me to transition from the gym to running errands, effortlessly. Enter: Epidemia Designs!
A few weeks ago I shared a few short clips of my workout at O’Athletik via Instagram Stories and was amazed by the quality of the Epidemia Designs Science Pants! The mesh detailing on the legs allowed me the flexibility and breathing room to complete my workout, and I loved the side pocket for holding my phone/ iPod. Their eclectic prints are created from real life images of cells and the reason behind the name “science pants” and help to raise money to support young girls who are interested in STEM – science, technology, engineering and mathematics! So grab a pair of your own by visiting Epidemia Designs and let’s chat about getting fit this fall!
5 Tips to Get Fit This Fall:
1. Enjoy the weather and get outside. Take advantage of the cooler temperatures and beautiful scenery and spend more time outside. You’ll find that a lot of gym facilities will incorporate outdoor classes into their schedules during this time of year, and the cool crisp air is good for your body. Check your local parks for bootcamps, hiking activities, or just grab a couple of friends to walk the trails.
2. Plan ahead. Eliminate any excuse for not working out, by planning ahead! Set your alarm 20 minutes early so you’re allowed that extra ‘snooze time’ – we all hit our alarm clocks at least two times before getting up. Sign up for your class online and set out your workout clothes before going to bed. I have a love/ hate relationship with studio’s that implement a “no-show” policy, but find that I’m more likely to get up and get moving if it will cost me extra money if I skip!
3. Team up with family and friends. Finding an accountability partner is beneficial for so many reasons. Keep in mind you’re probably not the only one who will benefit from staying fit this fall! Motivation stays higher with an exercise partner and you can both encourage each other to continue towards your individual goals. Single? Grab a friend and head to a group class! It’s a great way to meet people in your community!
4. Set specific goals and switch up your routine. Start small and know what you want to achieve. Whether its to build strength and flexibility or loose a few pounds, know your target and work towards that every day. It’s important to remind yourself of why you started and the progress you’ve made in order to keep your motivation! Switching up your routine not only helps to engage other muscle groups, but it keeps you from getting bored.
5. Start by committing to 30 days. It takes at least one month for you to build a routine and start seeing changes in your body and overall health/ energy levels. Develop your fitness plan and stick to it for 30 days and you’ll be well on your way to a healthier and happier you this fall!
This post is sponsored by Epidemia Designs – all opinions are my own.
Thank you for supporting the brands that allow The Styled Fox to operate full time!