With the winter months come cold weather, shorter days and the winterblues. Certain unexpected, yet feel good colors, can make all the difference when incorporated into your winter wardrobe correctly. When there is overcast skies and a chill in the air, I love breaking out some bright colors and introducing them in my outfits. To me, I can’t help but smile when I see a pop of color, like a cheerful yellow or hot pink, automatically lightening my mood. So, what better time to refresh your wardrobe with accent pieces that promise to be relevant all year long? Here I took a classic stripe turtleneck (another great option here) and paired it with my new favorite jacket (love this blush one too!) that I snagged on sale this past holiday weekend!
Last week on Instagram I posted about making my first pecan pie from scrach for our Thanksgiving meal. I had so many questions/ comments regarding it, I thought I’d include the recipe I used here. If you are hosting an event this holiday season, or need a baked item to bring, consider this easy and oh so delicious Pecan Pie!
1 9-inch pie crust
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick)
2 cups pecans (extras to dress the top)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt and cinnamon together. Gradually add eggs and continue to whisk until it is smooth.
3. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Slowly pour the bowl of ingredients above into the pan and whisk to combine. Add the chopped pecans.
4. Pour the filling into the pie crust. The center will expand, so be sure to leave room so it doesn’t overflow.
5. Take the additional pecans and dress the top
6. Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until the filling is set. Keep in mind, it will be slightly jiggly, but not too sloshy. You don’t want to over cook the edges.
7. Let it sit 3-4 hours before eating.
7. Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and whip cream!
By the way, Chris absolutely loved this pie and ate it all in 3 days. So, I hope you do too! xx